Thursday, April 06, 2006

Dan Quayle

A number of years ago I came across a bunch of Dan Quayle quotes and I don't think I had ever laughed so hard in my life. To this day, I still have a printed copy of them hanging on my fridge because if I ever need to laugh I just read a few of them. I also have a bunch of them written in one of my journals - just in case! Here are my favorite ten!!

1. "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

2. We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

3. "We have a firm commitment to NATO; we're a 'part' of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe; we are a 'part' of Europe."

4. "I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."

5. "When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killings in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame."

6. "For NASA, space is still a high priority."

7. "Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

8. "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

9. "I was recently on tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."

And quite possibly my favorite.....

10. "It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."


He is a brilliant, brilliant man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home