Friday, April 07, 2006

SAMRA

This past week I have been doing some hard core studying for the SAMRA exam. I don't actually know what that stands for, but it is one of the Transport Canada exams required to get your ATPL. Oh yeah, there are a lot of acronyms in aviation... ATPL stands for Airline Transport Pilot License and all I have left to do to meet all of the requirements is this test.
It just amazes me how much I still DON'T know after all this time spent studying weather and experiencing weather over the past several years. There is just so much to know and I think weather is so very complicated. Cheers to all of the meteorologists who get the odd forecast correct - there are just endless factors which can affect it. I think I could quite possibly go on for the rest of my life studying this stuff and still never get 100 % on the test.
I am hoping to write the test next week if all goes as planned. It isn't a test you want to fail simply for the fact that it costs $105 to write! It is also just one of three tests required for the license!
Back to the books! Well, maybe after I drive to Timmy Ho's for a coffee!

2 Comments:

Blogger pingcat said...

Hey Lisa, I don't know if this will work but I'm giving it another try ... long story, in my attemt to communicate with you, I've become a blogger - who would have "thunk it".

07 April, 2006 14:15  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Ok, I figured out how to allow people to make comments who aren't bloggers....too late for you reluctantriter, you've been recruited!!!

07 April, 2006 14:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home