Saturday, March 03, 2007

Busy Week

It's been a busy week at work - well more like a busy 11 days at work. I was in Medicine Hat a couple of times; the second time there I didn't even fly - just waited at the hotel for a flight to go. I guess we were waiting to pick up some rig guys but they got the dril bit stuck in the hole and were working to get that out. We were waiting for them to tell us to come and get them. I waited in a hotel from Saturday to Monday. I guess they didn't get the drill bit unstuck because we never went and got them all weekend! Luckily I had bought a really good book to read because there wasn't much else to do while I waited as I had no wheels. I actually read a 700 page book from Saturday afternoon to Monday!! It was called Labyrinth by Kate Moss (and no, not the model) if anyone is looking for a good book!

I also did a rig charter last week where both of us up front were women! Imagine, eight rig guys in the back with two female pilots - I knew we would get comments!! Sure enough - they went on and on about the flight and how it was the best flight they'd ever been on and they never want to fly with men again, oh how our landings were the best ever, and so on. One fellow decided that my fellow pilot was certainly to be his future wife!! It was funny!


Last night I went to see Pan Labyrinth with my gal pal Athenia. Despite it being a bit of a fairy tale, it is certainly not a movie for kids. There were a few very gory, graphic scenes. Shocking really - I guess because it is unexpected. It was a spanish movie with english subtitles about a young girl who goes with her pregnant mother to stay with her new step father where he is at work as a captain in the military. He is an evil, violent man. She finds a labyrinth nearby and after some exploration is given some tasks to complete before the next full moon in order to prove that she is in fact the princess of the underworld. Anyway, it was quite good. I like those types of movies where there is some fantasy type stuff in it. I always liked movies like Legend (with a young Tom Cruise), Labyrinth (with David Bowie) and others like Indiana Jones.




In other exciting news - today I bought a slow cooker. I've been finding lately that I'm eating like shit because I don't feel like cooking for just myself after a long day at work. Also, I end up buying groceries and then going to Medicine Hat for a few days so waste so much of it. So, I decided to try this method. I'll put some stuff in the pot in the morning and when I get home it will be ready to eat. I think it will be a much healthier strategy than the crap you end up eating when you are too tired/lazy to cook for one person.


Ohhhhh, I also bought new windshield wipers for my car. Mine are nearly falling apart so they are overdue!! So, that's it - I'm off to install wipers!

7 Comments:

Blogger CanaGal said...

Glad to hear you are back in town. We have to meet for coffee sometime soon.

03 March, 2007 20:30  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Yes, you guys should come for supper some night this week. I got a slow cooker - yummy!!!

03 March, 2007 22:32  
Blogger Flyin Dutchman said...

I hear you about the whole food going to waste and eating like crap.

I got a crock pot for christmas but have yet to use it. Every time I buy groceries or decide to cook I get called out and I am on the road for 10 days.

New job on the horizon though should hopefully cure all that back to healthy eating I go.

Are you guys medivac too or just charter ?

Cheers,
FD

05 March, 2007 21:16  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

We do both charter and medevac. Our winters are very busy with rig crew changes and summer is more slack. we fly primarily AB and BC and the occasional trip to SK.

I highly recommend the crock pot - I've eaten a decent supper three days in a row! Some kind of record!

06 March, 2007 21:55  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

06 March, 2007 21:55  
Blogger B-Rod said...

nothing to do in the Hat? Thanks for the call Lisa. Next time you will, or you will never see another blog entry!!

14 March, 2007 21:03  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Oopsie!!! Next time I'll call you B.ROD!

23 March, 2007 11:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home