Sunday, March 18, 2007

Going Snowboarding!

So tomorrow I am going to make the big leap and head out to Lake Louise for my very first time! I used to ski when I was younger back in New Brunswick, but our ski hills are not much in comparison to the Rockies! I've gone to C.O.P several times now and think that I can handle the easier runs on the mountain. I heard that Louise is a good place for snowboarders whereas some of the other hills are better for skiers.




I'm going with my friend Allison. She's never been there before either. I'm very excited, but also a little bit nervous - I guess just not knowing quite what to expect. I've looked up the website and it is just amazing how many runs there are; there are 139 of them according to the site! I plan to stick to the green ones!! I remember my crazy brother saying that he went on a black diamond the first time he went down. I'm not sure that we really share the same genetics sometimes because I won't be doing that!! I certainly can't afford to hurt myself! I also want to take my camera to get some good pictures, but am afraid that when (not if) I fall I will break it. I haven't quite decided about that yet. Maybe I will take a little back pack and keep it in a locker for the day and get some shots from the lodge. There, I think I just solved my own problem! I will certainly post some.


.....In other news..... I guess I kind of had a crappy weekend. I hate to bitch, but I went out for St. Patrick's day and had a not so nice experience and came home early. I spent the rest of the night feeling like shit and today was much of the same. I think I've worked myself out of the pouting now, but still need to work through being pissed off!! C'est la vie right. Some people are just not nice sometimes. So, I am really looking forward to the fresh mountain air tomorrow to help clear my stress.

3 Comments:

Blogger nec Timide said...

Lake Louise is one of my favourite places on earth though I've never seemed to be able to co-locate myself, my skis and snow there. Pictures would be nice but a description of your day would also be well received. Have fun!

19 March, 2007 12:27  
Blogger CanaGal said...

hey, what happened? Are you ok?

19 March, 2007 21:15  
Blogger Nanook said...

Hey yeah, I tried to call, but I guess you were still out. Who ever it was, they're an idiot!

20 March, 2007 21:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home