Sunday, July 29, 2007

Kananaskis Lakes


Last week I went camping at Kananaskis lakes for a night. I did a few hikes over the two days and visited a number of amazing spots. I just love the smell of the trees and water out there; the air is so fresh and clean. The only bad part of the two day event was the thunderstorms that hovered over the lakes for the entire night! It began with hail which confined me to my car for about a half an hour. After that it just rained, lightly for a while and then after I went to bed it poured all night. The thunder was so loud that I could feel the ground shaking in my tent! I was only a tiny bit wet in the morning. The next day was beautiful again!



Here is my little ol' site!







Beautiful eh!









This is the view from the top of the Mt. Everest Exploration trail which gives you a good view of both lakes. I guess this trail was in honor of the first Canadians who climbed Mt. Everest.

1 Comments:

Blogger flynfiddle said...

The weekend I moved to Calgary in 2000 I decided to kick around the Mountains before I had to start at my new job. The first night I slept in the back of my truck on the side of the road somewhere in Kananaskis .. that night I woke to a wicked thunderstorm that I thought was going to turn my truck over.

Next day I heard on the radio that the same storm was part of a system that created a tornado near Pine Lake. YIKES!

30 July, 2007 07:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home