Friday, June 22, 2007

A Great Day!

I don't know about you, but sometimes when I have a great day I find it hard to go to bed because it means the day will be over. Today was one of those days! It began with a Timmys (how else could one properly start the day) and then going to my lovely friend Thene's house to meet up with her and her two kids (and the dog too). We all piled into her van and drove out to Big Hill Springs Park which is a little gem of a place just west of Airdrie. It was so beautiful and lush with trees and waterfalls and a stream. It was just perfect. We went for our walk (Thene's with 30 lbs of little boy on her back - she's a tough mama) and me in control of the energetic lab. Her little girl was the official flower picker of the day! It was so awesome and I wish I could start every day out that way.















Not long after I arrived home later in the afternoon I had a knock on my door. It was my neighbor holding a big beautiful bunch of flowers. She said that a delivery man had come to my place twice and no answer so could she please give these to me when I arrived! I was certain that she just had the wrong house - but NOPE!!! Flowers for me! And, from the S n' N duo nonetheless. Can you guys see how fantastic the people I know are; I'm so very, very lucky! Thank you S n' N! My cat also loves plants, flowers, etc... and you'll see his nose poking in the corner of the picture!












I was still feeling energetic and it has been such a nice day outside that I felt like going for a bike ride so I stuffed my bike into my car and went to Fish Creek Park. I'm sure there was somewhere closer that I could have gone, but that's where I felt like being. It was also amazing and the paths where I entered the park (on the east end) are surrounded by grasses and they smell so fantastic. So, it was just a great end to a great day.
And, did I mention that I cooked salmon for supper - my most favorite food!

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Anup Murthy said...

I too crave for such perfect days, they do happen but sometimes too few and far between! I know the feeling though. And you are indeed lucky to have friends who send you flowers, indeed very nice of them. A bit disappointed that I can't see more of your cat in that picture, we are cat people(and every other animal species of course, but we are cat people)! Hope you have more such good days.

23 June, 2007 09:48  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Oh, I'll post some cat pictures - I'm always tempted to but thought it would be too boring! Now that I have a request, I'll definitely post a few. He's an awesome cat!

23 June, 2007 12:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home