Sunday, May 13, 2007

New Brunswick

My trip home to New Brunswick was nice and relaxing. I did spend a lot of time at home, which was the plan. It bugs my dad when I go home and then spend the entire time out visiting everyone but them, so this time I asked my mom to plan some kind of a potluck family party thing and whoever wanted to see me should come to that! So that is what we did and it certainly was much easier than driving everywhere to see my family.












The province of New Brunswick is so beautiful and so different from Alberta. It's simple, quiet, quaint and full of trees and water. It was still a bit early for the trees to be all green and the water to be warm enough to swim in, but beautiful nonetheless. Here is just a sample of what I love.











This visit home was the first in a year and a half. That is much too long to go without seeing your family. I would like to go home frequently enought to not notice changes, like my parents aging or people moving away or people who never had children all of a sudden have toddlers, and so on. Hopefully my next visit won't be so far away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The day will come soon enough that you will get to fly anywhere for practically nothing. I'm glad you had a great visit.

13 May, 2007 15:03  
Blogger pingcat said...

Welcome back and ... you gonna come for coffee with Brad and me - not that he ever has time for coffee but I'm sure he would like to catch up with you.

13 May, 2007 20:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home