Monday, April 30, 2007

I guess I don't really have one specific topic that I feel like posting on, but here are a few tidbits of what's new. Not that any of it is terribly exciting!

I'm reading a really good book by Dr. Andrew Weil. It's been out for several years, but I had never read it before. It's called something like "Eating Well for Optimum Health" and it explains the various components of what we eat (ie. carbs, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals, etc...) and it is very good. I've learned tons and am only half way through the book.

In other stuff - also not falling under the exciting category - I have been on nights this weekend and again tonight and tomorrow night. I've only flown once so far. That's good in the sense that I have not gotten woken up during the night and bad in the sense that I havn't gotten to fly.

What else - Noelene should hurry up and post about her very exciting first week of flying on the twin otter.... I got the 'over the phone version' but I would like to read about it and see pictures!!! Hint, hint!

I am going home to N.B. on Friday for six days! I havn't been home in over a year and a half. Really, that is just too long to not see my family and for my family not to see me. I'm looking forward to seeing my parents and relatives as well as just the relaxation that comes with the area. My folks live on Grand Lake in NB and it is so beautiful (not as great as summer when it is nice for swimming - still a bit cold!). I am also really looking forward to the smell of the East Coast. For those of you who perhaps haven't spent a lot of time on either coast or near water there is a different smell. I can't wait for that - it always makes me want to cry when I smell it because I just miss it so much. I was in Victoria a couple of weeks ago and when they opened the aircraft door it hit me right away. I was homesick immediately. Now, I don't want to move home right now or anything, I would just like to be able to visit much more frequently. I'm looking forward to walking by the lake and having my mom cook for me!!! I can't wait to see my dad and am so thankful that he is healthy (some of you know that he had two surgeries to remove spots of the "big C"). He's extremely fortunate that they got it all and he didn't need to get the dreaded chemo. He's nearly 100% again, so for that reason I'm especially looking forward to seeing him.

What else...well, lately I've been wanting a dog even though I know that is a very bad idea for numerous reasons which I won't go into right now. I think that it is because it is starting to get nice out and a dog would be a nice companion for walks when you just want peace and quiet, but not to be completely alone! Make any sense! Anyway, I'm sure I could just offer to dog walk for people I know with dogs and that would curb my wanting! At least it isn't something crazy like a baby that I'm wanting!

Well, that's about it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nanook said...

Yeah, borrow a dog, that's a great idea! You could walk the dogs at the pound, but that might be a bad thing. I've downgraded from a dog to maybe getting some fish.

01 May, 2007 10:25  
Blogger Flyin Dutchman said...

Andrew Weil has some good books out there. I got sick about ten years ago and read his book 8 weeks to optimum health.

Basically I don't eat refined crap, use sugar directly, use lots of olive oil and gave up red meat :)

The only things I need to give up are coffee and beer and then I would following the whole 8 week plan :)

Basically his book says to take less bad and add more good, none of this carbs or fats are the enemy crap.

cheers

01 May, 2007 15:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you
You probably already know this but the video I made about Holly and Deanna was excepted. Its playing this thursday at 6:30pm (plaza theatre in kensington). This is your chance to see your face on the big screen :)
Cheers
Marns

06 May, 2007 18:53  
Blogger Flyin Dutchman said...

Just noticed our blogs are turning into book club blogs instead of about flying :) Might have to change the name of mine, but with yours you can write just about any topic :)

Cheers

12 May, 2007 22:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home