Thursday, May 17, 2007

Seven Wonders of Canada

The CBC is hosting a nation wide vote for the Seven Wonders of our country. At this point, they have narrowed it down to 50 that have been submitted by Canadians. There are some great ones, many I know and I few I don't know. I had a conversation with a co-worker about the wonders of Canada the other day while having breakfast. He had a few really great suggestions that I didn't see on the CBC's posted list of 50. One that he suggested which I would have voted for was the Canadian Railway through the Rockies - what an incredible feat to have built that so many years ago. Another good suggestion which I heard someone submit on the radio was the bush pilots of Canada because of the unique landscape and climate up north that over the years they have had to endure. That one didn't make the top fifty.

Here were my votes, but I had such a hard time to pick and as soon as I submitted my vote I questioned whether they were the seven I wanted, but too late. I just think that there are so many amazing things which are unique and special about our country that it is very hard to pick.

1. Bay of Fundy
2. Confederation Bridge
3. Cabot Trail
4. Drumheller
5. Haida Gwaii
6. Northern Lights
7. The Rockies

What I noticed about my choices is that they are divided between what I know and love of the East and what I know and love of the West. In my little current world, the middle of Canada has been left out. That is not to say that I don't love that part as well. For example Niagra Falls or even the TCH that winds us through some amazing landscape in Quebec and Ontario.... so many to choose from.

And your choices would be????

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I'd swap Cathedral Grove for Drumheller, but that's the B.C. girl in me. Otherwise, your top 7 is right on. How on earth did Wreck Beach make it in there?? Ha!

17 May, 2007 09:42  
Blogger Thenes said...

Thanks for the post. I had to check it out and I've posted my 7 wonders.

18 May, 2007 09:04  
Blogger CanaGal said...

where are you?

How come Medicine Hat is not in your top 7?

20 May, 2007 23:18  
Blogger CaptainFartlek said...

You should try and see the athabasca sand dunes of Saskatchewan.

23 May, 2007 08:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home