Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Biker Bitch

Aside from my mother being here for a visit, I also took a motorcycle course this weekend from the Calgary Safety Council. The course was last year's Christmas gift from my brother. I had a BLAST!! Every person who ever has intentions of riding a motorcycle should take this course. I was expecting it to be easy, but it was actually a bit tough at times, but still fun!

It began Friday and went from about 1700 to 2030 and then on Saturday from 0800 to 1800 and again on Sunday from 0900 to 1700. I was beat at the end of each day and my hand hurt like hell from using the clutch for that many hours!! On Sunday I did the road test and passed and got my license!!

Now, the funny thing is that I don't own a motorbike, nor had I any intention of buying one. BUT, as one could guess, now I desperately want one! If I do end up getting something, it would be a dirt bike. I don't really want to drive in traffic with all of the crazies and figure that riding off road would be so much fun. Anyway, maybe next summer I'll look into it. A Vespa is also more my style, but if I had to pick - I'd go for the dirt bike!

It was a cool gift. Thanks J!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nanook said...

Yeah, you go girl! My vote's for a dirtbike too. RM can take you riding, but don't let him dump you in the mud if you go double, he has "amnesia" about that!

18 October, 2006 11:14  
Blogger CaptainFartlek said...

This is a crazt idea, but why not try a 125cc scooter. There cheap and costs $3-5 to fill a tank with gas. If your worried about people seeing you, you could wear a full facial helmet. But you still can hear some of them laugh :)

18 October, 2006 12:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home