Thursday, December 07, 2006

Guns n Roses




I just got home now at approximately 0300 from the Guns and Roses concert. It was a pretty good concert once they got Axel Rose's volume adjusted properly. For the first number of songs you could hardly hear a word he was singing. They played all of their classics like Patience, November Rain, Sweet Child of Mine and so on and then a few new ones that I'd never heard before. Hearing them takes me back a number of years and makes me think of home and my old friends back there. It was more fun for my brother who has wanted to see them for ever. I practically had to carry him home....too many Saddledome beer (aka heroin beer)!! Anyway, it was a fun night with a fun bunch of friends!




Sebastian Bach (formerly of Skid Row) opened for Axel and he was really fantastic. He has such an amazing voice and can hit the most incredibly high notes. He was also a bit more interactive with the crowd than Axel was.





I must say that the highlight of the night for me was when Bubbles (yes, Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys of back home) came on to the stage to sing one of his songs with Axel Rose. Apparantly Axel had visited Bubbles Bar back east and met him and invited him to come along on tour with him! They sang Bubbles' most famous song, Liquor and Whores! I actually know the words to that song...how sad is that! I just blame it on being from back east!!
PS. Watch the Halifax show of Axel and Bubbles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVsp9gos3_8

10 Comments:

Blogger pingcat said...

I think you have a secret life/side

07 December, 2006 15:38  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

You know, you're not the first to say that! I try to keep my dark side under wraps!!

07 December, 2006 16:19  
Blogger Nanook said...

Busted!

It sounds like it was fun though. He sang the shit out of that thing...

07 December, 2006 20:03  
Blogger Amelia Earhart said...

Omg, I lurve Guns 'n' Roses. Lucky you. But it's not the original line-up is it? Any good though, if you happened to have watched them back in the '80s?

PS: My fave's November Rain! As my French friend says, so dramatique, esp with the violin!

08 December, 2006 09:56  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Slash is not with Axel anymore, but I don't know about the other band members. Axel sounds the same live as he does on cd. Pretty cool!

09 December, 2006 02:38  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Not to mention, Axel is a fantastic piano player.

09 December, 2006 02:39  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

BUBBLeS! Hilarious!!! I love me some G & R, too!!!

09 December, 2006 14:21  
Blogger Capt. Anup Murthy said...

Another Guns and Roses fans meself, bet you didn't think Indians were into rock! Good to hear that you had a blast. Keep rocking.

09 December, 2006 22:10  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

That is awesome Capt! Yeah, he hasn't changed at all since I first remember seeing him on tv! He still does that little dance hip sway that he always did! It was great!

09 December, 2006 23:52  
Blogger Capt. Anup Murthy said...

Cool! Sweet child of mine is a fav with me. Do you remember whether the new songs he sang live are available in any new album? After reading your blog, I just had to pop in the old Guns and Roses (Apetite for destruction) CD and listen! Welcome to the jungle is another of my favs.

10 December, 2006 03:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home