Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Crappiness!!

Cars suck! Well, they don't suck until they decide to break! The other day (of course it was the coldest day yet this winter, like minus 25 or something brutal like that) my car heater stopped working....needless to say it was bloody cold in my car. So I took it into the shop to have it looked at and on the way there my brakes completely failed. Isn't that fun!!!
I had to go away overnight so I left it at the shop (not that I could drive it anyway...) and they called me while I was up north yesterday to tell me that it was going to cost nearly $2000 to fix!!! So anyway, I'm not paying that so they are going to fix my heater and I am going to fix my brakes myself. I've done them before so that is the plan. It certainly won't cost as much this way. A couple of friends kindly offered to come over on the weekend and help me in exchange for beer and a meal. I plan to feed them lots of beer before I feed them my meal - then they won't notice that I'm a bad cook!!!
Anyway, things always work out in the end, however it is a royal pain in the butt and there is nothing worse than spending your christmas money on a car! Crappiness!!

2 Comments:

Blogger pingcat said...

let me help you with the order of things .... brake job FIRST, then beer, then food!

Sorry to hear of your difficulties but glad you were not hurt, through your brakes failing and you piling into some concrete barrier or something - such is MY imagination!

01 December, 2006 15:04  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Yeah, that's a good order! However, I suspect that feeding them beer is required to fix the brakes! It will be fun nonetheless!

02 December, 2006 01:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home