Saturday, December 09, 2006

Little Las Vegas


I went to High Level yesterday and to the locals it is otherwise known as Little Las Vegas. They have about four hotels on the main street in town which are named after places in Las Vegas. Their signs are all brightly lit in flashing and neon signs! The people there seem to take it all very seriously! I was therefore, pretty excited to experience the place.


We were lucky enough to have day rooms at the Flamingo, although the sign was fancier than the hotel itself! The desk guy offered to take me to the fourth floor and show me their jacuzzi rooms which hosted mirrors around the tub as well as on the ceiling! I declined that very exciting opportunity as we were just about to check out! The only gambling type thing I saw were a few VLTs..... So now I can at least say that I have been to Little Las Vegas!

3 Comments:

Blogger pingcat said...

Such an interesting life! You sure are hitting all the high lights of Alberta/BC these days.

Say... did I ever tell you about my stay at the Fantasy Land Hotel? Jacuzzi with mirrors and all, I was staying alone and, well, I filled the thing with bubbles, jumped in and thought this is so cool I should take some pictures - this was in the days BEFORE digital ...took the pictures... the operative comment is MIRRORS ... (pretty funny, actually)

09 December, 2006 22:40  
Blogger Nanook said...

So is this going to be an appropriate meeting place in 2008?

10 December, 2006 07:29  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

I have to say, I think I'd rather the real thing!!!

10 December, 2006 12:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home