Wednesday, August 23, 2006

World Trade Center



Last night I saw the movie World Trade Center. It was a mistake to think that I could go to a public place, watch a story about one of the world's saddest events and come out of the theater without 'cry eyes'. Folks, this is a movie to be watched in your livingroom with a box of kleenex.

It is amazing how fresh 9-11 still feels and to see those images in that day's story being told felt like that day all over again. I thought the movie did a great job at telling the truth but all the while being respectful to the people involved. Basically, it was the true story of two police officers who had been trapped in the rubble of Tower One and what their and their family's suffering must have been like. Now just imagine the suffering of the friends and families of nearly 3000 people. Unimaginable. I suffered and I didn't personally know a single person who was killed on 9-11. I'll never understand how people can wish to make other people hurt like this.

Everyone remembers what they were doing on that day and at that time - I was still at home getting ready to go flying (I was working on my instructor rating) when Suze, my instructor called me and said, "We won't be flying today; turn on your tv. Planes are flying into buildings". My first thoughts were that the world was ending. I guess it did for many. So sad.

5 Comments:

Blogger CaptainFartlek said...

I remember 911 when I was walking down the hallway at the vet college and my co-worker yells out, "The Americans are at war".

Shyand doesn't remember that day, but she says its hard to read the blue font. Yeesh, kids these days and their preferences!!!! I told her it must be the computer. She just looked at me and blinked, so I don't think she believed me.

23 August, 2006 14:23  
Blogger Capt. Anup Murthy said...

I'm a big grown up guy but I know I'd Boo Hoo if I went to see the movie. People who inflict this on other people are not human at all. Animals don't do this to each other either. This species of "people" is different and thats why I call them as the disease of the 21st Century.
Thanks for your comment on my air show article.

23 August, 2006 14:39  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I'd boohoo, too. I will wait for it to come out on DVD, and watch it with a box or two of kleenex. The kind of kleenex with aloe in it because I tend to cry. A lot.

25 August, 2006 19:48  
Blogger pingcat said...

OK, I am as respectful as the next person ... well, OK, maybe I'm not BUT .... are you there? Are you studying your hoofies off? Are you going to leave this entry up until after the 11th?

No way I am going to stop flying as a "rev" passenger, if I do "they" win ... and I WON'T have that.

01 September, 2006 14:45  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Hi! I'm here, I've just led a boring existance lately and didn't have much to write about! Issy just gave me something though!

01 September, 2006 23:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home