Friday, August 11, 2006

Bad People

Yesterday I had to go to Seattle for work. We were at the airport at 0430 to depart and soon learned of the events in England where the terrorist's plans were foiled. In order to get through security I had to throw out my liquid foundation makeup, travel size shampoo, travel size perfume, toothpaste and bottled water. After waiting in line for about two hours we made it through to our flight.
We thought that was bad, but it was nothing compared to what we had to go through at the Seattle airport in order to return home. I have never seen such a line up of people in my entire life. I can't even begin to guess how many people were there waiting to get through security. We got into the line (which ended at the back end of the parking garage) shortly after 0900 and got through security some time after 1400. We missed the first flight and caught the next one. I'm just thankful I wore comfortable shoes!!!
Despite it being a huge pain in the ass, it was better than watching the news and seeing that numerous aircraft had been bombed. It is so very frustrating that a few number of evil people can make life so difficult for an entire planet of people. I guess that is what they want. I hate that they exist.

4 Comments:

Blogger pingcat said...

OK, I will try to be patient with this but are you telling me you had to wait from 0900 to 1400 at Sea-Tac??? That, m'dear is totally insane. It presumes the "bad guys and girls" are already on US soil and about to board a domestic ... OK "transborder" flight.

I'm all in favour of increased security, don't get me wrong but sometimes I wonder about "ramping it up" - if you know what I mean.

11 August, 2006 15:04  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Not the MAKE UP!! I actually went through my purse yesterday and would have been *pissed* if I had to throw away all my precious creams, sprays, chapsticks, liptsicks, liquid/powder make-up, and eyeliner.

Glad you made it safe, though!

11 August, 2006 15:47  
Blogger Capt. Anup Murthy said...

Disease of the 21st Century, these bad guys. It is mind numbing how anyone can attempt to do what they do and take innocent lives. Innocent victims apart, we, i.e. aviation is on a precipice. One more incident and we all lose our livelihood and our aviation "way of life". I'm just glad that the intelligence agencies are doing a good job and foiling potential attacks.

12 August, 2006 03:14  
Blogger CanaGal said...

I agree with pingcat - are we being "terrorized" by the fear of "terrorism"??

14 August, 2006 22:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home