Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ice Queen


I've just finished a great book called Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman. It was the first book that I've read by this author and I thought it was excellent. My friend Sue recommended this author to me and I'm happy she did. I'm also excited because Alice Hoffman has written quite a number of books so now I feel as though I have something good to read for months!!

Her writing is descriptive, in that it gives you your own image of the places and people, but it is not so over-wordy that you find yourself skimming over the description! It's sortof whimsical and magical but I found myself just believing it all to be true. By the end of the book I had fallen in love with her characters and clearly understood the message of the story. It was beautiful and interesting and I learned something from the book. You'll have to read it to learn what I learned!

5 Comments:

Blogger pingcat said...

Can I borrow your copy?

09 July, 2006 05:33  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Sure - I should have read this earlier so I could have brought it to you at the breakfast! Sorry I never really got to chat with you! It sure was a great atmosphere though!

09 July, 2006 13:53  
Blogger pingcat said...

Lisa, is was sooooo wonderful seeing the gang, Steve, Sean, Nancy, Meghann, all the others, wish I could have chatted with all of you. For sure I will make an effort to connect. It was only further affirmed what terrific people I have the pleasure of knowing!

09 July, 2006 14:11  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I have been wanting to read a good book lately! I find myself strolling the bookstore but never buying anything because I don't know if I will like it.

11 July, 2006 16:58  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Another great book if you are looking is TIME TRAVELLERS WIFE. It is one of my favorite books and I know many people who read it and loved it. Try that one issy!

11 July, 2006 23:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home