Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bragg Creek

On Monday I went with Sean & Nancy to Bragg Creek for my first 'real' mountain biking experience on my new Kona. I still have yet to name the bike, but it will come. The trail began with a big hill. Not as easy as it looks! Sean made it look kinda easy as I walked my bike up the hill! Nancy said I made her look good!! Hehehehe. I think I could have made someone on a tricycle look good! After barely surviving the hills, the down part was awesome and I even enjoyed the wipe out when my wheels decided to stop rotating through a pile of mud. Sean and Nancy said that I fell properly, so I was happy to learn that I was a natural at this part!!
As always, when we finished I felt great and was happy to have had the experience. I look forward to the next time and the next and the next and with each time getting better and the hills getting easier. For me, so much of the experience was being around all of those trees which I often miss while living here in Calgary. They smell so amazing and fresh and remind me so much of home where the trees are so plentiful that you never know what it is like to miss them or not smell them.
Yet again, I am thankful to S & N for taking me along and waiting for me at the top of the hills!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger CanaGal said...

You did great!
You fell, you went through puddles and you got dirty!
You are a mountainbiker!!

24 May, 2006 06:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home