Saturday, May 13, 2006

My Kona



I am so excited because I bought a new bike yesterday and I have wanted one for so very long! I got a Kona Blast from Bow cycle with the help of my bike expert Sean. I was torn between a Giant and the Kona, but decided on the Kona and am quite happy with it! I could hardly wait to get home and ride it - which I did.
The only thing that I have to work out is the seat - my seat bones hurt today, but I'm going to ride it later anyway and try the seat in a different position. They tell me that it's normal for your butt to hurt for a while anyway until you get used to it. I am also going to buy some padded bike pants today (like I need more padding there....but they say it helps)!!
I also have to name it, Nancy says. I'm still working on a name. Suggestions anyone?

9 Comments:

Blogger CanaGal said...

I call my mountain bike "Andre the Giant"
I have yet to name my road bike

13 May, 2006 16:26  
Blogger pingcat said...

Lika's Paikikala - it mean's Lisa's Biclycle in Hawaiian.

Nui Paikikala mean Big biclycle

Mauna means mountain, I suppose Kona Mauna would be good
"Lie" is the goddess of the mountain
"Pele" of course is the goddess of volcanos
I'm only thinking Hawaiian because of the "Kona" thing.

13 May, 2006 19:06  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

I don't think I can pronounce Paikikala....I like Pele. I was thinking of a male name - for the giggle I would get when I say that I was off to ride so and so.... childish I know. Like Brad or Pitt.... something immature like that! Still deciding! Pele is definitely in the running.

13 May, 2006 20:32  
Blogger pingcat said...

Well there is always Nui Kahuna, which means "big chief".

No doubt you will come up with a name yourself that will suit both you and your bike to a T.

13 May, 2006 22:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice bike

I like the colour

14 May, 2006 07:49  
Blogger CanaGal said...

Hey! L!
I am up, if you wanna call me for a bike ride!!!
(it is 9AM)

14 May, 2006 08:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel terrible now. I never, ever knew that a bike had a name and I've had mine for like 3 years now. That would maybe explain why I've been thrown off of it and smashed into the rocks. I have always had names for my cars though. They always tell me after driving them for a bit, so you'll have to go for a ride and let your bike tell you his name. Our two Kona's should go for a ride together and maybe my bike will tell me his name too.

19 May, 2006 15:54  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Sounds good thenes! Do we know each other???

19 May, 2006 16:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes we do! Just add an A to the start and take away the es at the end replace with an ia.

Hee hee . . .

22 May, 2006 21:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home