Saturday, April 15, 2006

Domestication of Self

During the past six months or so, well since I started this job I guess, I have been exploring numerous "domestic" type activities. I guess it is all of the time I have when on call; I can't stray too far from the airport, but I do have quite a bit of time at home.
I have been doing some baking on occasion and then take them into the maintenance engineers at work. Poor fellas (and one gal) are my guini pigs, but I've made nobody ill yet so I guess that's a good sign. I've made them various kinds of cookies, bananna bread, fudge and the like... I still can't cook meat to save my life.
I do lots and lots of cleaning - out of bordom generally. You would think that my house would be tidy all of the time, but it's not. I don't know how that happens exactly. Oh, yeah, I know why, my brother is back in town...
And most recently, I've tried sewing. Imagine! They needed something sewn (Is that the past tense for sew???) at work and somehow "I can do it" came out of my mouth. I then came home and spent a couple of hours figuring out how to weave the darn thread through the machine. I exaggerate really because I was watching Brokeback Mountain at the time so my attention was divided. Then when that little project was completed I decided that I would attempt to sew curtains for the living room. I have finished the two panels for one window and they were a success. Now I need curtain rods and some more material for the other window!
Who knew I had it in me. A fellow at work said that I must be practicing for my M-R-S degree.... Get it: Mrs. Haha, yeah right. The mister I marry might want to have his own MRS degree!!

4 Comments:

Blogger CanaGal said...

now we have our very own seamstress for when we get curtains for our pad!

16 April, 2006 06:38  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

You are such an early bird Nancy! I'm only up because I have to work!

16 April, 2006 07:39  
Blogger CanaGal said...

darn cats!!

16 April, 2006 08:05  
Blogger Amelia Earhart said...

Good job!!

18 April, 2006 09:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home