Thursday, April 13, 2006

Flying



Every time I fly I feel so lucky. Yesterday I had such a nice day and flew twice; in the morning we flew to Lethbridge and in the afternoon we flew to Taber (Taber is a small town but well known for its corn). It was a beautiful, relatively sunny day (which created a few minor bumps in the air) and just one of those days which make you feel lucky to have a job like this. Today was a similar day - again flew to Lethbridge and it was my Captains last day with our company so we took some pictures! Here are a couple of them, one showing Calgary and one of us! It was fun!
It was such a tough road to get to this job and every day that I fly I am reminded that it was all worth the hard work. Anyone who has worked in aviation will understand what I am talking about. After 9-11 the industry suffered and there was little movement so finding that 'next' job was very difficult. I know of many people who gave up trying and simply got out of aviation all together. I am happy that I stuck it out because now I don't really feel like I 'work' - I just get to go flying a few time s a week! I love it!

15 Comments:

Blogger pingcat said...

Must say, I am soooooo glad you are enjoying your job and also, on a selfish note, sooooo glad you got "stuck" in the previous one for a bit. Personally I am far, far richer and a better person for it. You were/are such an awsome instructor and person!

13 April, 2006 15:27  
Blogger CanaGal said...

Hey L - I thought that was my man in the picture - ;-)
He is in Fort Liard today.

13 April, 2006 16:36  
Blogger mrs the experience said...

I also thought that was Sean!

Welcome to the blogosphere, L!

13 April, 2006 22:19  
Blogger Amelia Earhart said...

Wow. What a view. Can I come fly with you someday? Actually do you work for a commercial passenger/cargo carrier?

I'm also glad you stuck it out and get stuck in the job that you love. As they say, do a job you love and you never have to work a day at all!

14 April, 2006 08:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa
I thought that was me as well but then I noticed it wasn't the Seminole.

I heard you on the radio yesterday (april 13) when you were coming into Calgary. I was in the plane behind you. Of course we didn't have priority into Calgary.

Talk with you soon

Sean

14 April, 2006 11:52  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

I didn't hear you...must have been your leg eh! Now that you guys said it, that picture does look a lot like you! Funny eh!

14 April, 2006 12:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah

It was my leg :)

this is cool talking in code

14 April, 2006 13:57  
Blogger CanaGal said...

I don't see Sean's leg in the picture...

14 April, 2006 16:12  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

In response to pingcat: well I enjoyed that job for a long time and it was about the people that I was able to meet through that job -such as yourself and many others. Having worked at CFC, I had many great experiences and met many lifelong friends. It was a great time in my life and I have no regrets! Thank you for your kind words!

14 April, 2006 22:00  
Blogger pingcat said...

Gotta say, you are remembered fondly, so is the guy whose leg(s) we are discussing. Really good times and “we” are hoping to regain them. Know anyone who’s looking for an Instructor gig?

14 April, 2006 22:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have many great memories from CFC and still think of the fun times but it is always good to have a change.

Hi pingcat how is everything with you?

14 April, 2006 23:35  
Blogger pingcat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

15 April, 2006 19:39  
Blogger pingcat said...

This is almost exactly the same as the post that I removed, if I only knew how to edit spelling before posting .... ssshhheeee....

Yep, change is good. I knew it wasn't Sean, Sean is much better looking, right CanGal?

I'm OK, doing taxes and of course, numbers frieghten me so it is a chore.

Hey Quodilbet hope we haven't hijacked your blog too badly!

15 April, 2006 19:39

15 April, 2006 19:42  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Chat away my friends!

15 April, 2006 20:48  
Blogger CanaGal said...

POOOOOOSSSTTTT

15 April, 2006 21:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home